Monday, October 3, 2011

New lowered drivers side floor

I started installing the new floor this week. It will be 4" lower, lighter and looks much better.
I ordered 1/8" aluminum sheet from a local supplier and had them bend the pieces for me.

And did a bunch of trimming and test fitting until the floor fit nicely. I used threaded rivets so I could bolt the floor to the frame and the transmission tunnel to the floor. At the back of the tunnel you can just see the modified driveshaft loop which now also serves as the rear mount for the tunnel.

I still have to add the vertical piece to fill in the rear of the floor, but you can see how I bolted it to the frame rail.

A test fit of the seat revealed that I will have to make an angled mount to attach the sliders, it shouldn't be that difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment