Thursday, May 17, 2012

Woblink out-Panhard in

With the breakages that occurred during the first autocross weekend, I decided to remove the Woblink and install a simple Panhard bar. I ordered bolt on Panhard mounts for the axle and frame from Speedway Motors and they arrived this morning.

One look at the axle mount and it was clear that I had underestimated the forces involved with the lateral location of an axle, it's a serious piece of kit!

Not only does it use 3/4" thick steel but the heim joint that attaches to it is 3/4". It's also adjustable just by turning the bolt-nice!
Just take a look at the difference between the new Panhard with 3/4" rod ends (top) and the old Woblink with 5/8" rod end
I welded in this 2" square piece and diagonal brace for the adjustable Panhard mount to bolt to,
And here it is, beautiful simplicity. The kink in the bar is because I got it from a dirt tracker and in his application the bar needed a bend. Thanks to Ricky Weiss for finding me a Panhard bar when I needed one.

No comments:

Post a Comment