Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Ram air system

My original plan was to put a bellmouth in the headlight opening and ram air straight into the engine. However, the tires are too close to the opening and the top of the fender so there was no room for the pipe. Instead, I used the gap above the radiator and built a box to direct air to the engine.
This aluminum piece holds the hood pins but it's primary purpose is to block air from going over the radiator

Underneath the piece you can see a gap between the rad and the rad/fender support. I built a box that captures air going through this gap and direct it into the engine.

And here it is all finished. I do not have an air cleaner because I do not compete in a dusty environment, I don't follow other cars on a road course which can kick up dust and all air going into the engine has to pass through the mesh grille.

No comments:

Post a Comment