Thursday, April 28, 2011

It's running again

 So, the great news is that the car has a noticeably improved throttle response with the new intake manifolds and based on my short drive, I'm confident it will make more power, too. The bad news is that now that I covered the lightening holes in the frame with aluminum, heat is transfering to the fuel line and it's over 150 degrees by the time it gets to the engine compartment, and gets vapor locked after a short period of time. Also, fuel spilled on the cam covers  and destroyed the paint so the newly installed intakes, carbs and cam covers all had to come off so I could repaint the cam covers with something a little tougher. I'm going to cover the fuel line where it runs along the door sills with insulation and hopefully that will solve the heat problem. If not, I will run a return line to the fuel tank. Here's a short video of when I first started it.
First start-up with new manifolds

No comments:

Post a Comment