Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Polycarbonate windows and tow hook

I had another racecar which had polycarbonate windows which were bolted in, and I didn't like the look. I decided to use MGB window seals to hold in the 3/16ths thick polycarbonate windows in this car. They were an absolute bear to get in, I mean really difficult. The front window was the worst, the back one less so.


Notice the sunroof is now a polycarbonate panel instead of a welded piece of metal

I needed a tow hook and had nothing solid to attach it to, so I made up this extended reach tow hook

When needed, it slides under the splitter and through a slot in the air dam mount which keeps it from moving side to side. Then it slides into this bracket and is held in with a pin, ready to pull the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment