Friday, January 7, 2011

Temperature sensors

The oil temp, water temp and electric fan sensor all use a 1/2" NPT size hole and the engine had none that size so I bought the right drill bit and tap to make my own. Here I am tapping the bung I am using for the oil temperature gauge


There was a nice thick area on the drivers side of the engine, close to the thermostat housing, where I could drill and tap a hole for the electric fan sensor


There was already a hole on the passenger side but it was too small, so it got drilled out and tapped for the coolant temperature sensor


I had to remove the oil pan to weld a bung for the oil temperature and was pleasantly suprised how nicely baffled the pan was


And here is a shot of the pickup, notice all the baffles to keep oil where it's supposed to be.


Here is the bung before welding


And installed on the car
 Video of the coolant hose that popped

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post. I have read your whole post and I really liked it. Great Work!!

    ReplyDelete