Friday, February 18, 2011

Firewall

I had part of the firwall done previously but now is the hard part: the drivers side footwell.

The blue construction paper is my template


Once satisfied with the fit of the templates, I transfered them to 18 gauge aluminum

I added an access panel so I can get to the pedals and master cylinders

My first zeus fasteners

I actually had room to move the gas pedal over a bit
Passenger side-yes, it is narrow

I have very wide feet and have just enough room, it will be easier with narrow racing shoes



I spent hours getting the throttle pedal right. I had to fabricate a new one one out of aluminum then I covered it in grip tape. I went to a motorcycle shop and picked up a cable and some ends then made up a fancy throttle cable but after hours spent adjusting and changing things, I gave up. I ditched the fancy cable because the pedal feel was awful, I landed up with a piece of mechanics wire from the pedal going straight up to the drivers side crab linkage. It's a straight pull and actuates all the carbs very nicely.


No comments:

Post a Comment