Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Plan



Some background: 26 years ago, my dad gave me a low km 5.3 litre Jag V12 to do whatever I wanted with it. Many ideas have been considered, such as a replica 1962 F1 racecar or a  Rat Rod but after going to the SCCA Nationals and seeing the crazy creations in E-Mod, I found my project. I am stuffing it into a 1967 MGB-GT using a narrowed double-wishbone front suspension and Ford 9" rear multilink suspension. An MGB-GT weighs 2100 lbs as delivered and the V12 and T5 trans weigh approximately 216 lbs more than the MGB engine/trans. With a gutted interior, no glass and extreme attention paid to weight, I'm hoping for a car in the 2000 lb region, which is about 150 lbs more than the class minimum. The engine makes somewhere between 274 and 312 hp, depending where you look. I know I could make more hp with less weight with an LS1 but there's something really cool about V12's and a British engine in a British car has charm as well. Anyways, here are some pics of the car before the work begins, I'll post pics of the engine when I have some.




No comments:

Post a Comment