Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Gauges

It was time to add gauges and I wanted to have easy access to the gauges and the switches.
I started with welding short bolts to the dash bar and fastened a piece of bent aluminum to it


I have enough room for 4 gauges but for now, I am running only 3. I used a hole saw to cut the holes then a die grinder to open them up slightly for the 2 5/8" gauges

In a race car, I think it makes sense to have the biggest gauges possible so they are easy to read at a glance. I am using Auto Meter 2 5/8" Oil Pressure, Oil Temperature and Water Temperature-all purchased from http://www.fasttoys.net/

I thought the open sides of the gauge box looked a little shoddy, so I added the side covers which also stiffens up the whole assembly

 I may add or change switches down the road and didn't want to have to build an all new gauge panel, that's why I added this lower panel instead of building it into the gauge box.

No comments:

Post a Comment