Thursday, December 16, 2010

Master battery switch

I am required to have a master switch to kill all electrical and am given a choice between putting it on the back of the car or somewhere in the area of the A pillar so corner workers can turn if off if I flip the car. I wanted to have it close so I could also switch it off quickly so I put it just in front of the windshield on the drivers side. This would have meant running a cable from the passenger side battery to the switch then back to the starter on the passenger side, so I chose to move the battery to the drivers side and shorten the cables. I used #1 copper cable and ends from a local welding shop and soldered the ends on. I thought about using aluminum cable but there is little benefit because copper conducts electricity better and I could run a smaller copper cable than if I used aluminum.

No comments:

Post a Comment