Monday, December 6, 2010

Rear suspension


Nationals was a hoot. I talked to many Mod competitors and looked at their cars and got
some ideas. I can't wait to compete with these guys and gals! I noticed that most of them are running 13" wheels and I doubt very much that I will be able to run that size without changes to my brakes.
Welded up the 4-link rear suspension today. I followed the instructions provided
 with the Competition Engineering kit but somehow it doesn't look right to me.

See how the front holes are not on the same arc as the lower arm?
I would have to change the length of the arm any time I change holes,
and that doesn't seem right to me. I hope to change that later.

Welded a crossmember under the transmission, and notched
it so the tranny will be level. The crossmember is 2x2" square .125" wall.

Added a dash bar. I got the aluminum adjustable steering column mount
from the Speedway Motors tent at Nationals-saved a ton on shipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment