Monday, December 6, 2010

Cage tubes attached

I'm leaving for Nationals tomorrow so I stayed after work to get
more done. I got a bellhousing from http://www.5speeds.com/ that bolts to
the Jag and is drilled for several common transmissions, including
this T5 out of a 1987 Mustang SVO


I added that vertical tube between the frame and
downtube to stiffen it up a little.

Ok, the location of the rollover hoop was chosen and welded in
when the engine was 8 inches farther forward, but now I wish
I had the hoop farther back so the seat could be farther back. It's
a mistake I will have to live with. Next time the location of everything
will be finalized BEFORE welding takes place.

Welded in the crossbrace. Some people make it an X-brace but
the car will be primarily an auto-x car and weight is everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment